DD Form 1348-1A Instructions
The document is obligatory for all shipments to Department of Defense customers. It is prepared manually or mechanically by the supply or shipping activity in a legible, easy-to-read format.
A digitally prepared form must include all of the required bar codes. However, if all required data is available via digital image or provided in an automated transaction, the DLA Disposition Services Field Offices transfers must be accompanied by a printed copy of the DD 1348-1A.
The DD 1348-1A consists of six parts and is filed using a number of standard codes used by all Branches of Service to prepare this form and similar paperwork. It makes possible the use of a single method of documentation for all requisitioners by the source of supply.
Only Blocks 9, 15 and 27 are mandatory for filing, all other blocks are optional and filled in only if applicable.
The form can be printed from a single 80-column paper that contains all data that is important to the requisitioner. It is accompanied by a perforated post label, that allows printing consignee addresses and preparing the form simultaneously.
DD 1348-1A Related Forms
- DD Form 1348, DOD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (Manual);
- DD Form 1348-2, Issue Release/Receipt Document with Address Label;
- DD Form 1348-5, Notice of Availability/Shipment;
- DD Form 1348-6, DoD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (Manual - Long Form);
- DD Form 1348-7, DoD MILSPETS DFSP Shipment and Receipt Document;
- DD Form 1348-8, DoD MILSPETS: DFSP Inventory Accounting Document and End-Of-Month Report.