Download ATF Form 5310.12 (Atf Form 7) Atf Form 5310.16 (Atf Form 7cr) - Application for Federal Firearms License
ATF Form 7 Instructions
Licenses are issued and granted for a period of three years. Instructions for ATF Form 7 require applicants to include, for each RP on the license, one 2"x2" photo and one Form FD-258 for all license types - except applicants of license type 03, Collector of Curios and Relics. An RP is either the sole proprietor or any individual possessing the power to direct the management, policies, and practices of the Corporation, Partnership, or Association, to the extent that they pertain to firearms.
Unless you are applying for a type 03 license, please acknowledge the following:
- To receive a license as a dealer, importer, or manufacturer of firearms, you must intend to engage in the firearms business;
- You may be contacted by an ATF officer while your application is in progress;
- You must prepare and keep detailed records of all your firearm transactions;
- ATF officers are entitled to inspect your records and premises;
- State and local authorities are notified about Federal firearms license applicants by the ATF;
- Additional licenses or permits for firearms licenses may be required by state laws or local ordinances;
- Other state or local requirements may also apply to your firearms business. You should contact your state and local authorities to request specific information;
- Firearms licensees should contact the Internal Revenue Service to obtain information on business operations and federal income taxes;
- Upon ATF request, licensees must furnish information about firearm traces.
You only need to submit Copy 1, accompanied by any required supporting documents to the address stated below. It is suggested that you make a copy of your application before submitting it to the ATF and keep it for your records. Copy 2 must be submitted to the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) of the locality where the premises to be licensed are located. Copy 1 shall be mailed with payment, plus one photograph and a fingerprint card for each RP to the following address: Federal Firearms Licensing Center, P.O. Box 6200-20, Portland, Oregon 97228-6200
Can You Fill out ATF Form 7 Online?
It is not possible to file and submit the FFL application digitally. It is necessary to download a PDF version of the completed form and print it out.
How to Fill out ATF Form 7
For completing the form, type or print with a ball-point pen. If you attach any sheets, identify them at the top of each page with your name and Employer ID or Social Security Number, and refer to the item number you a replying to:
- Sections 1 to 9 are self-explanatory; enter your personal and business information.
- Section 10. Description of License Type. Check all the boxes you need if you want to apply for more than one license and the business is to be conducted at the same location. If the business is to be conducted at different locations, you need a separate application and a license fee for each of them.
- Section 11. Method of Payment. Check only one method and complete the card-related data if you choose to pay by card.
- Section 12. Hours of Business Operation. Enter at least one hour when you can be contacted by an ATF officer.
- Sections 13 to 17. This business information can be skipped if you are applying for a Type 03 license.
- Section 18. Name of CLEO. Applicants must submit a copy of the completed application to the CLEO of the locality where the premises to be licensed is located.
- Section 20. Applicant Certification. Initial all the boxes.
- Section 21. Certification. This must be signed by the RP.
How Long Does ATF Have to Review Form 7?
The approval or the denial is communicated within a 2-month period from the date the Federal Firearms Licensing Center receives a properly executed application.