Wedding Day Timeline Template
Wedding Day Timeline: What Is It?
A Wedding Day Timeline helps ensure that your wedding day goes off without a hitch and helps eradicate any potential wedding day schedule issues that may arise. This is extremely important as a wedding day is often the biggest and most important event in a person's life. Some people spend their whole lives imagining and planning their perfect day. Therefore, it is crucial that everything is in order and organized appropriately which in turn, will keep stress levels to a minimum.
A typical Wedding Day Timeline will break down every aspect of the wedding day from the very first seconds right up until the end of the wedding. There will be a lot to plan including the wedding reception, catering, any deliveries and decorations as well as various elements of the ceremony. To ensure that no events overlap and that everything is completed in a timely manner, we would suggest creating a detailed Wedding Day Timeline.
A Wedding Day Timeline template can be downloaded below.
How to Make a Wedding Day Timeline?
Making a Timeline for a Wedding Day is crucial to ensuring the comfort of the bride and groom as well as all of the accompanying guests. The crucial element to a successful timeline is of course - timing! We would recommend starting by downloading an editable template and although no wedding is the same, it is a good place to start.
Despite the ceremonies usually being rather short, the actual reception will on average take approximately 5 hours. Therefore, you need to be sure that you have all of the aspects below covered:
- Create a broken down list of all the events that will happen during the day;
- You should include events that concern the bride and/or groom individually and events that will take place for all guests;
- Start by imagining what your day would start with. What things would you need to get ready for the wedding? Include a detailed list of all of these events in a chronological order;
- Think about timing. How much time would each of these events take? Do not allocate too little time. If you have hair and make-up scheduled for 1 hour but in fact it takes 1.5 hours, you're already losing a big chunk of time and although the bride is traditionally late, you do not want to overdo it.
How to Plan Your Wedding Day Schedule?
We have put together a short list of the most important things to consider if you want to organize the wedding yourself:
- If the main ceremony and reception are taking place at different venues - think through how you will transport your guests from location to location and how long this will take;
- Hair, make-up and any last minute fitting touches all need plenty of time. Make sure you leave time for this;
- When and how will you be eating breakfast and lunch during the day? Often everyone is in such a rush they do not consider where and when they will eat;
- Consider the reception - will there be a grand entrance, a speech, a simple greeting or a first dance? These are all things that need to be considered and noted down to ensure there is sufficient time;
- Perhaps you want to do a special dance or have a specific order for people making toasts;
- Think about how the cake will be cut and how the bouquet will be tossed by the bride;
- When is the best photo opportunity?;
- Consider the length, limitations or after parties of the reception;
- Plan your exit from the wedding.
Still looking for a particular template? Take a look at the related templates below:
Download Wedding Day Timeline Template