Free Student Evaluation Forms and Templates
What Is a Student Evaluation?
A Student Evaluation Form is a written statement prepared to assess the performance of a student and discover new ways to help them get better grades and succeed overall. If you want to notify the administration of the educational facility about the troubles the student is currently facing or you got a request to provide meaningful feedback on their learning experience, you may do so using this tool.
For a full list of Student Evaluation templates please check out our library below.
Student Evaluation Form Types
- A Student Evaluation Form is a generic template you may use to specify the merits and limitations of the student for their own benefit or because your school asked you to write it;
- A Teacher Evaluation Form for Students is necessary to find out what the school or university students think about the person charged with the responsibility to share their knowledge with them;
- Course Evaluation Form. List the pros and cons of the set of classes you are teaching or attending to make sure the quality of teaching improves;
- An Internship Evaluation Form is usually written by a student that makes their first career steps as an intern - let the potential employer know what you think about your temporary work experience;
- Student Feedback Form. This document is needed to find out what the student thinks about their teachers, school administrators, and the contents of the curriculum;
- A Student Feedback Form for Online Classes is required to see whether distance learning has been beneficial and learn the students' opinions on how it can be improved;
- A Student Feedback Form for Teachers is completed by an educator to assess the contribution of their student to class and indicate whether the person in question submits their assignments on time;
- Medical Student Evaluation Form. Fill out this template to inform the future doctor or nurse about their strong and weak points - moreover, you may recommend them a specialty;
- A Class Evaluation Form is indispensable to let teachers know what can they do to improve their teaching and the techniques used in the classroom on a daily basis;
- Student Self Evaluation Form. Students should be given an opportunity to critically assess their own performance and reflect on their achievements and flaws.
How to Write a Student Evaluation?
Here are some tips for you if you were asked to provide a Student Evaluation:
- Make sure you include the reason for the assessment in the first paragraph or short introduction of the document whether the recipient is a student or the administration of an academic institution - do not keep them guessing.
- Elaborate on the performance of the student. If you were asked to follow specific rules when drafting this form or give answers to particular questions, it is your obligation to adhere to the internal regulations of the school - and do not avoid the matters that seem complicated to you.
- Even if the purpose of the document is to bring light to an issue, try to include favorable notes as well. Congratulate the student on their achievements and academic success or point out that despite their failure to do well in class, their proper behavior and eagerness to learn do not go unnoticed.
- Make suggestions that will help resolve the issue at hand or address the shortcomings of the student. Certainly, you can only do that if you have worked closely with the student so if you do not remember them well, inform the school administration about it.
- Keep personal notes and records about your students to be able to monitor their progress and give them comprehensive advice whenever they need one - your remarks will help you compose an honest and relevant assessment.
Still looking for a particular template? Take a look at the related templates below: