What Is a Business Card?
A Business Card is a small card that identifies an entrepreneur or entity, provides a short description of their goods and services, and contains contact information so that the existing and potential customers and counterparts know how to reach the person or business whose name and title are on the card. This marketing tool is very effective – it shares details about who you are or what your company does, expresses your professionalism, and demonstrates that you are ready to work with the card recipient in the future.
If you are looking for a Business Card template, browse our library of documents to find the one most suitable for you. To share your contact details online, you can create a digital Business Card – build a virtual card to connect with other businesses and clients online.
What Information Should Be On a Business Card?
Add the following details to your Business Card:
- Basic information - your name, name of the business, and ways to contact you (telephone number, email address, and physical address).
- Short description of what you do - lawyer, photographer, civil engineer, etc.
- Links to demonstrate your work. If you have a website, provide a link to it; otherwise, you can include links to your social media profiles (Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook) to make it easy for others to discover more about you and your business.
- Image or photo to give a visual impression of your work. It is often used by painters, designers, and photographers, but you can insert a small image of flowers if you own a flower shop or add a picture of a scales or gavel if your job is related to jurisprudence.
- Map to show the location of your office or store. If your area of business means that people will visit you, add a simple map that demonstrates the proximity of your company to a subway station or a well-recognized landmark.
How to Make a Business Card?
Here are some tips for you if you need to determine a Business Card design and make a great first impression on any person who receives it:
- Decide how to customize both sides of your card - use the valuable space. For instance, you can print the name of the company and its logo on the front of the card and put your contact information and map on the back of the card;
- Do not be afraid to use color. Traditional black and white cards can be too bland and are easily forgotten especially if the individual has dozens of cards in their wallet. Opt for maximum impact with bright visuals - add colorful photos or a color edge that will be memorable;
- Choose a textured effect for your card - this kind of premium design will give your Business Card a very unique look;
- Adhere to the universal Business Card size. A standard Business Card size is 3,5 x 2 inches, similar to most credit cards, and you should not try to print it differently - otherwise, the recipient of the card might consider it too big for their wallet and will get rid of the card as soon as possible;
- Leave some free space on your card, be it white space or space of a different light color you choose. It will allow the recipient to make notes related to your business they may need later;
- Call the recipient to action. Add the words "call" or "text to this number" to the card so that the card recipients know: they can contact you at any time.
Still looking for a particular template? Take a look at these related templates below: