To operate a business properly, you need to plan, organize, control, and manage the resources of the company with the help of numerous documents, statements, and agreements. They will become the foundation for your business decisions and will allow you to record and later analyze every business operation you have been a part of. You will be able to set the goals of your entity and keep the records in order to demonstrate the legitimacy of all transactions to your shareholders and appropriate authorities. Our guide will introduce you to documentation essential for the business operations of any organization.
- Business Contract. Whenever two entities enter into an agreement to exchange items or services for a certain sum of money, it is required to sign this kind of document to establish the main obligations of the partners.
- Assignment Agreement. If you want to delegate transfer your rights and responsibilities under an agreement, you can find a party that wants to become an assignee and delegate all contractual obligations to them, once you obtain the consent of your original counterpart.
- Contract Termination Letter. This separate document will allow you to outline the conditions of the contract cancellation whether you have provided for certain courses of action in the original agreement or not.
- Business Purchase Agreement. If you have finalized negotiations for a sale and purchase of a business, complete this contract to govern the transfer of ownership from the seller to the buyer.
- License Agreement. See our library of templates to establish terms and conditions of a license under which one party grants another permission to use the property in exchange for a fee.
- Use Business Cards to introduce your business to new clients, advertise your services, and stay in contact with potential associates.
- A Press Release is prepared by the business with the intention to make an official news media announcement about new products or major company-related changes.
- A Change of Address Form is completed when a company obtains a new physical or mailing address to notify its business partners and various government agencies.
- A Notice of Closure is a sign created to tell the customers and counterparts that the store or office is going to close in the near future.
- A Business License Application contains a request to the appropriate authorities for a permit or license needed for the commercial activity of a company.
- Appointment of Representative. Draft this document to allow a particular individual to represent the interests of your company when dealing with customers and business partners.
- Invention Disclosure Form. This document will be useful for companies involved in science and engineering to create evidence of their invention and later submit this proof for patent protection.
- Meeting Agenda. Use this template to prepare for a conference or briefing session with your team and know in advance which issues to discuss.
- Meeting Minutes. When you have an official hearing or meeting, compose a written record of everything that was said during it.
- Board Resolution. Whether you just start your business or welcome a new member to your board, create this statement to define the roles of every corporate officer and list topics on which you need to vote as a board.
- Letter of Intent. Compose it to outline your intentions related to a certain business proposal.
- Certificate of Incumbency. This form identifies all individuals who are allowed to represent the company and specifies their responsibilities.
- Annual Report. It provides information about the company's financial status and business activities to its shareholders and other concerned parties.
Check out these related topics:
Use this form while dealing with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to appoint a third-party representative to act on your behalf.
A EULA is signed by an individual or entity that buys, downloads, or installs software, and the licensor or owner of the software in question.
This is a document that should be completed by a scientist or a group of scientists to document an invention.
Use this form when it is decided that an employee will be terminated or let go from their position by their place of work.
You may use this Board Resolution template to express a decision made by a board of directors of a corporation at their regular meeting.
You may use this document to provide relevant information about your business to news media outlets.
This legal contract is used for transfering a business to the buyer according to the terms and conditions specified in the document.
This legal contract outlines the assignment of rights and responsibilities under an original contract from one party to another.
Under this agreement, the licensor is legally bound to grant the licensee the right to produce and sell goods or provide services under the brand name or trademark the licensor owns.
This type of document is a typed or handwritten notice that informs recipients that a business has indicated in writing it is about to close soon.
This is a legally binding contract signed by two parties looking to exchange goods or services for a certain consideration, typically money.
This is a contract signed by a photo owner (usually, a photographer) and an individual or company that wishes to license the use of their work.
This is a legal document issued by a business that identifies the company directors, officers, shareholders, and upper-level managers and specifies their authority to enter into various transactions acting on behalf of the business.
This form includes preliminary terms and conditions of the agreement between two parties looking to work together on a project.
This document details in full all of the aspects of an event, an agreement of services that will be provided by the entertainer, and any needs the entertainer will need to be met by the client or venue owner.
This contract is used for transferring the rights and obligations of one of the parties to the original contract to a third party.
This contract lays out the duties of the parties doing business together and determines how payment (if applicable) will be shared.
Individuals may use this as an agreement between organizations that use, produce, manage, or store Protected Health Information (PHI) and is required by law to maintain HIPAA compliance.