How to Hire Employees: Forms and Contracts
Before you hire an employee, you need to do proper research and prepare the necessary documentation to welcome new people on board. See our guide to learn more about various templates that will be useful for the employer and employee alike.
Whenever there is a need to find a new person for a vacancy and your business is financially stable to handle one more individual on your payroll, you can draft required documentation and hire employees.
New Employee Forms
These forms are essential in the process of hiring new staff. Browse various printable New Employee Forms via this link.
- Employee Information Form. Prepare this document to collect the personal details of each employee for your records;
- Job Description Template. A brief explanation of the job duties will allow you to attract the best person for the position in question;
- Sample Interview Questions. Every interviewer can benefit from our tips on how to conduct a successful interview with a potential employee;
- New Employee Announcement. Whenever you approve a candidate for a job, you can use this template to tell other employees about their new colleague;
- Interview Thank You Letter. Once you finish your interview, complete a message for your prospective employer to thank them and boost your chances to get a callback;
- Job Offer Letter. This formal document is used to confirm the employer’s wish to hire a particular individual;
- Job Application Cover Letter. Use this short form to state your details and call the reader to action so that your application is read and you receive a call for an interview;
- Employee Emergency Contact Form. This document lists family members and friends of the employee who must be contacted in case of an employee’s accident in the workplace;
- Benefits Enrollment Form. Fill out this form to apply for medical insurance and other benefits that come along with your job.
Job Application Forms
These are indispensable for the human resources department and individuals who want to be hired. Browse various printable templates you can use when applying for a job via this link.
- Resume Template. Complete this document to let your future employer know your skills and qualifications;
- Letter of Recommendation. This statement is typically drafted by the candidate’s former colleagues and mentors to highlight their positive characteristics;
- Recruitment Process Flowchart. Prepare a visual template that shows all the stages that comprise the process of hiring employees;
- Authorization to Release Employee Information. It is prepared to allow former employers of the job candidate to share their employment history with the new employer.
These legally binding contracts and agreements stipulate the rights and responsibilities of both the employer and the employee. Download Employee Contracts and Agreements via this link.
- Employment Contract. This is the main document signed by the business representative and employee to outline basic terms and conditions of future employment;
- FMLA Return to Work Form. Once leave you took for personal reasons is over, complete this form to warn the employer of your intention to come back to work;
- Last-Chance Agreement. This document serves as a warning to the employee who is close to being fired because of a serious breach of discipline;
- Employee Non-Disclosure Agreement. Employers give this document to employees who must keep confidential information they learn during their employment secret;
- Non-Compete Agreement. Fill out this template with your employee if you want to compel them not to enter into any work relations with your competitors;
- Telecommuting Agreement. Usually, a temporary measure, this document allows the employee to perform their job duties in the alternate workspace;
- Finder’s Fee Agreement. Complete this contract to determine the amount of compensation paid to the intermediary who provides the company with a new counterpart;
- Vacation Request Form. Employees need to compose a separate document to ask their employers for time off;
- Sign-On Bonus Agreement. This document outlines a one-time payment to the new employee;
- Time-Off Request. If you need a day or week away from your workplace, you need to draft a special request and submit it to your employer;
- Reference Check Form. Generally, this document includes questions you can ask when confirming the validity of references brought to you by the job candidate;
- Employee Background Check. Review your potential new employee’s employment and criminal history with the help of this template;
- Internship Agreement. Whenever you find a new intern, sign this agreement to indicate your rights and responsibilities and their involvement in your business;
- Temporary Employment Contract. This document states the terms of employment that last for a short period of time – usually, not more than several months.
Related Forms and Templates:
This document contains information about the person who should be contacted in the case of an accident or any other traumatic event that has happened to an employee.
This form is used by an employer to collect information about the current members of their staff.
You may use this New Employee Announcement to notify employees of an organization about hiring a new employee.
This is a notification completed by the employee and submitted to their employer after an FMLA leave - a leave requested and provided under the provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act - is over.
This legal contract outlines the transfer of intellectual property rights, title, and interest from one individual or entity to another.
This legal contract is signed between a business and its employee in which the business is bound to provide the employee with work and pay them an agreed salary, while the employee is legally bound to work for the business on the terms stated in the agreement.
A Contract for Temporary Employment is signed by an employee engaged in work only for a specific period of time.
This legal agreement is signed between a company and a candidate under which a company is legally bound to pay the candidate a sign-on bonus.
Use this agreement to protect different types of confidential information (know-how, trade secrets, software, technical information, and other types of proprietary data) from disclosure by an employee.
This contract outlines the relationship between a business and an outside source along with the compensation for the facilitation of a transaction.
You may use this Internship Agreement in which the parties agree that an intern will be gaining knowledge and improving their skills within the company during their educational internship.
This legal agreement is signed by employers and their employees to agree on the fact that the individual will not enter into competition with the company where they work, during or after their employment.
This form should be completed by a worker and submitted to their employer to request time off for a specific period of time.
This agreement is signed by an employer and their employee (or a union that presents an employee) after an employee has made a serious violation of company policies or misconduct that usually leads to their termination.
You may use this form to receive consent from a potential employee to perform a background screening check on them.
This is a document that workers can use when they need to ask their employer for vacation time off from their work.
This document is used to describe the skills and experience of a potential employee in order to make them an appealing candidate for a job.
Complete this form to allow your former employer to release your employment information to a new prospective employer.
This is a document used as a way for an organization to set out how they will hire their next intern, temp worker, or permanent worker.
A job candidate may use this type of template to outline their qualifications and skills for a position they are interested in.
This is a sample Data Analyst Resume designed and used by individuals who want to be employed as a data analyst, showcase their professional qualifications to a prospective employer, and share an overview of their work experience so far.
This is a resume sample that individuals can use when they would like to apply for a job as a dentist (or in a related field)
A job applicant who wishes to be hired as a Medical Assistant may use this sample Medical Assistant resume as a reference on what to include when making their own resume.
A Product Manager may use this sample Product Manager resume as a reference to share their career story, academic achievements, and skills with a potential employer.
This is a sample resume used by job applicants to introduce themselves to a future employer and showcase their academic and professional accomplishments in data science.
A Java Developer may use this sample resume as a reference to introduce themselves to their prospective employer, tell them more about their accomplishments in developing software and applications, and list other skills that will help them succeed at this job.
A Web Developer may use this resume sample when they would like to capture the attention of their potential employer, present their qualifications, and land an interview to discuss employment.
This sample resume may be used by an aspiring or experienced front end developer who would like to introduce themselves and their skills to a prospective employer and get a chance to land an interview and get a job.
This type of resume can be used as a sample when an individual would like to apply for a job as a business analyst.
Individuals may use this document when they would like to apply for a job and they need to demonstrate their major accomplishments.