When you own a company, it is necessary to prepare multiple documents to manage the business in a legal way. You will have to compose different forms and gather information for internal records so that your paperwork is always in order. In our guide, you will find any Employment Form you need and learn more about hire forms and documents that are signed by people who are being employed by your company.
Types of Employment Forms
Written Employment Forms you should draft yourself will protect the rights of both parties to the Employment Contract – the employer and employee. Use the documents below to manage your company and handle various issues that arise in the workplace:
- Hiring Employees. This is the basis of the employment – you will require New Employee Forms to employ people, Job Application templates so that prospective employees can introduce themselves to you and you can decide who to choose for particular positions, and Employee Contracts to define terms and conditions of the future employment.
- Employee Performance Forms, including Employee Performance Review Forms and Employee Feedback Forms, let employees know what the employer thinks about their skills and abilities, help the employer discover ideas the employee has come up with for their job, strengthen overall productivity, and improve the atmosphere in the workplace.
- HR Forms. Do not start your internal workflow from scratch – here you can download various forms and templates the human resources department distributes to employees for various purposes.
- Employee Termination. If you need to fire your employee, prepare to complete several documents, including warning notices for employees and employee termination letters.
- FMLA Forms. Any employee who is eligible for Family and Medical Leave under the act of the same name can request twelve weeks away from the workplace every year.
What Forms Do I Need for a New Employee?
The following documents must be prepared by the human resources department or the designated employee who oversees the process of hiring:
- Whether you require an Employment Contract, a Temporary Employment Contract (for individuals who will work for you only for a certain period of time or during a particular project), or an Internship Agreement to offer legal protection to your interns, you may download a template most suitable for your situation;
- A Non-Disclosure Agreement is completed when you have to make sure the employee will not disclose confidential information and trade secrets discovered in the course of business;
- A Non-Compete Agreement is filled out when the employee must promise not to begin employment with the employer’s competitors and other companies in the same industry;
- A Sign-on Bonus Agreement is a contract that offers an incentive – usually, a lump-sum payment – so that the prospective employee is encouraged to choose the particular company and stay with them for a certain time;
- A New Employee Announcement is a notification form you can send your employees and colleagues to introduce a new employee and describe their future duties and responsibilities if needed.
What Forms Does a New Employee Have to Fill out?
When you hire a new employee, there is a list of documents you need to print out so that the employee completes and signs them:
- Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate, is a document required by tax laws – prepare it so the employer knows the accurate amount of the federal income tax to withhold from your wages.
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, allows the employer to identify each new employee and make sure they have the authorization to work in the United States. This form must be submitted along with documents that confirm the employee’s identity and authorization to be employed.
- Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card. Whether you need to obtain your original or new social security card, fill out this document – without knowing your social security number that serves as a tax identification number, the employer will not be able to prepare tax documentation for the entity.
- Benefits Enrollment Forms. Most employers offer perks and benefits along with employment – it is possible to get life insurance, disability insurance, medical insurance, and a retirement plan when you sign an Employment Contract.
- Employee Background Check Authorization Form. Before you investigate the background of the potential employee, you need to have their consent to contact their former employers and people who provided references for them.
- Employee Information Form. This document can be used as the employee’s file for the company records – it contains main details about the employee and their contact information so that the employer can see who, when, and in what capacity worked for their business for years to come.
- Employee Emergency Contact Form. Ask the employee to give you telephone numbers and email addresses of their relatives and friends you can contact in the event of any workplace accident.
Related Forms and Templates:
Companies may use this template to evaluate the satisfaction level of their employees and gather workers' opinions about their place of work.
This form should be completed by customers to describe their complaints about a product purchased or service rendered.
This kind of form is used by employees who would like to offer their ideas for the improvement of the company.
You may use this Customer Satisfaction Survey to assess the level of satisfaction customers have with a business or the services that the business provides.
This is a document that is used by employers to receive feedback about the training that their employees have attended.
Use this form if you're the supervisor or manager of an employee and are looking to estimate their job performance in the organization.
This form should be filled in by an employee to evaluate their job performance in a company.
This form is used by an employee to report any kind of incident has happened to them at their place of work.
Use this form when it is decided that an employee will be terminated or let go from their position by their place of work.
This is a notification completed by the employee and submitted to their employer after an FMLA leave - a leave requested and provided under the provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act - is over.
An FMLA Request Form is a document completed by employees who are eligible for time off in compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act provisions.
You may use this New Employee Announcement to notify employees of an organization about hiring a new employee.
This document is used by businesses that want to check references that were given to them by a potential candidate.
This form should be completed by a worker and submitted to their employer to request time off for a specific period of time.
Use this agreement to protect different types of confidential information (know-how, trade secrets, software, technical information, and other types of proprietary data) from disclosure by an employee.
This contract outlines the relationship between a business and an outside source along with the compensation for the facilitation of a transaction.
You may use this Internship Agreement in which the parties agree that an intern will be gaining knowledge and improving their skills within the company during their educational internship.
This legal agreement is signed by employers and their employees to agree on the fact that the individual will not enter into competition with the company where they work, during or after their employment.
This agreement is signed by an employer and their employee (or a union that presents an employee) after an employee has made a serious violation of company policies or misconduct that usually leads to their termination.
This is a document used as a way for an organization to set out how they will hire their next intern, temp worker, or permanent worker.
This document contains information about the person who should be contacted in the case of an accident or any other traumatic event that has happened to an employee.
This form is used by an employer to collect information about the current members of their staff.
You may use this form to receive consent from a potential employee to perform a background screening check on them.
This is a document that workers can use when they need to ask their employer for vacation time off from their work.
This legal contract outlines the transfer of intellectual property rights, title, and interest from one individual or entity to another.
This agreement between an employer and their worker enables the employee to work at a place different from the primary business location and helps an employer cut down on costs.
This legal contract is signed between a business and its employee in which the business is bound to provide the employee with work and pay them an agreed salary, while the employee is legally bound to work for the business on the terms stated in the agreement.
A Contract for Temporary Employment is signed by an employee engaged in work only for a specific period of time.
This legal agreement is signed between a company and a candidate under which a company is legally bound to pay the candidate a sign-on bonus.
Complete this form to allow your former employer to release your employment information to a new prospective employer.
This document is used to describe the skills and experience of a potential employee in order to make them an appealing candidate for a job.
You may use this contract to require an employee to resolve any disputes and claims that can appear during their employment relationship through employee arbitration.
This is a document that an employer sends to an employee to address the employee's inappropriate behavior or bad performance at work.
A Compensation Agreement is a legal document that guarantees that an individual will receive compensation for certain actions.
Use this template to list all rules and policies in place in your business - from the conduct policy to the office attire.
This is a document known as an Employment Contract Termination Letter and it is used by employers who want to terminate an employee.
This form is completed in order to ask any company or financial institution you have worked with at some point in time for a reference required to obtain credit from a third party.
This letter verifies the amount of money an individual receives as a self-employed worker.