When you own a company, it is necessary to prepare multiple documents to manage the business in a legal way. You will have to compose different forms and gather information for internal records so that your paperwork is always in order. In our guide, you will find any Employment Form you need and learn more about hire forms and documents that are signed by people who are being employed by your company.
Types of Employment Forms
Written Employment Forms you should draft yourself will protect the rights of both parties to the Employment Contract – the employer and employee. Use the documents below to manage your company and handle various issues that arise in the workplace:
- Hiring Employees. This is the basis of the employment – you will require New Employee Forms to employ people, Job Application templates so that prospective employees can introduce themselves to you and you can decide who to choose for particular positions, and Employee Contracts to define terms and conditions of the future employment.
- Employee Performance Forms, including Employee Performance Review Forms and Employee Feedback Forms, let employees know what the employer thinks about their skills and abilities, help the employer discover ideas the employee has come up with for their job, strengthen overall productivity, and improve the atmosphere in the workplace.
- HR Forms. Do not start your internal workflow from scratch – here you can download various forms and templates the human resources department distributes to employees for various purposes.
- Employee Termination. If you need to fire your employee, prepare to complete several documents, including warning notices for employees and employee termination letters.
- FMLA Forms. Any employee who is eligible for Family and Medical Leave under the act of the same name can request twelve weeks away from the workplace every year.
What Forms Do I Need for a New Employee?
The following documents must be prepared by the human resources department or the designated employee who oversees the process of hiring:
- Whether you require an Employment Contract, a Temporary Employment Contract (for individuals who will work for you only for a certain period of time or during a particular project), or an Internship Agreement to offer legal protection to your interns, you may download a template most suitable for your situation;
- A Non-Disclosure Agreement is completed when you have to make sure the employee will not disclose confidential information and trade secrets discovered in the course of business;
- A Non-Compete Agreement is filled out when the employee must promise not to begin employment with the employer’s competitors and other companies in the same industry;
- A Sign-on Bonus Agreement is a contract that offers an incentive – usually, a lump-sum payment – so that the prospective employee is encouraged to choose the particular company and stay with them for a certain time;
- A New Employee Announcement is a notification form you can send your employees and colleagues to introduce a new employee and describe their future duties and responsibilities if needed.
What Forms Does a New Employee Have to Fill Out?
When you hire a new employee, there is a list of documents you need to print out so that the employee completes and signs them:
- Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate, is a document required by tax laws – prepare it so the employer knows the accurate amount of the federal income tax to withhold from your wages.
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, allows the employer to identify each new employee and make sure they have the authorization to work in the United States. This form must be submitted along with documents that confirm the employee’s identity and authorization to be employed.
- Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card. Whether you need to obtain your original or new social security card, fill out this document – without knowing your social security number that serves as a tax identification number, the employer will not be able to prepare tax documentation for the entity.
- Benefits Enrollment Forms. Most employers offer perks and benefits along with employment – it is possible to get life insurance, disability insurance, medical insurance, and a retirement plan when you sign an Employment Contract.
- Employee Background Check Authorization Form. Before you investigate the background of the potential employee, you need to have their consent to contact their former employers and people who provided references for them.
- Employee Information Form. This document can be used as the employee’s file for the company records – it contains main details about the employee and their contact information so that the employer can see who, when, and in what capacity worked for their business for years to come.
- Employee Emergency Contact Form. Ask the employee to give you the telephone numbers and email addresses of their relatives and friends you can contact in the event of any workplace accident.
Related Forms and Templates:
Individuals may use this document when they would like to apply for a job and they need to demonstrate their major accomplishments.
This document is used to describe the skills and experience of a potential employee in order to make them an appealing candidate for a job.
Complete this form to allow your former employer to release your employment information to a new prospective employer.
A job candidate may use this type of template to outline their qualifications and skills for a position they are interested in.
This is a sample Data Analyst Resume designed and used by individuals who want to be employed as a data analyst, showcase their professional qualifications to a prospective employer, and share an overview of their work experience so far.
This is a resume sample that individuals can use when they would like to apply for a job as a dentist (or in a related field)
A job applicant who wishes to be hired as a Medical Assistant may use this sample Medical Assistant resume as a reference on what to include when making their own resume.
A Product Manager may use this sample Product Manager resume as a reference to share their career story, academic achievements, and skills with a potential employer.
This is a sample resume used by job applicants to introduce themselves to a future employer and showcase their academic and professional accomplishments in data science.
A Java Developer may use this sample resume as a reference to introduce themselves to their prospective employer, tell them more about their accomplishments in developing software and applications, and list other skills that will help them succeed at this job.
A Web Developer may use this resume sample when they would like to capture the attention of their potential employer, present their qualifications, and land an interview to discuss employment.
This sample resume may be used by an aspiring or experienced front end developer who would like to introduce themselves and their skills to a prospective employer and get a chance to land an interview and get a job.
This legal agreement is signed between a company and a candidate under which a company is legally bound to pay the candidate a sign-on bonus.
This legal contract outlines the transfer of intellectual property rights, title, and interest from one individual or entity to another.
Use this agreement to protect different types of confidential information (know-how, trade secrets, software, technical information, and other types of proprietary data) from disclosure by an employee.
This contract outlines the relationship between a business and an outside source along with the compensation for the facilitation of a transaction.
This type of resume can be used as a sample when an individual would like to apply for a job as a business analyst.
You may use this Internship Agreement in which the parties agree that an intern will be gaining knowledge and improving their skills within the company during their educational internship.
This legal agreement is signed by employers and their employees to agree on the fact that the individual will not enter into competition with the company where they work, during or after their employment.
This form should be completed by a worker and submitted to their employer to request time off for a specific period of time.
This agreement is signed by an employer and their employee (or a union that presents an employee) after an employee has made a serious violation of company policies or misconduct that usually leads to their termination.
This is a notification completed by the employee and submitted to their employer after an FMLA leave - a leave requested and provided under the provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act - is over.
This is a document used as a way for an organization to set out how they will hire their next intern, temp worker, or permanent worker.
This document contains information about the person who should be contacted in the case of an accident or any other traumatic event that has happened to an employee.
This form is used by an employer to collect information about the current members of their staff.
You may use this form to receive consent from a potential employee to perform a background screening check on them.
This is a document that workers can use when they need to ask their employer for vacation time off from their work.
You may use this New Employee Announcement to notify employees of an organization about hiring a new employee.
An employee may use this type of template when they would like to request time off of work to take care of their personal matters.
An employee may use this type of form when they need to spend time away from work due to special circumstances - annual leave, sickness, compensatory time off accumulated after working overtime.
Use this template to list all rules and policies in place in your business - from the conduct policy to the office attire.
An FMLA Request Form is a document completed by employees who are eligible for time off in compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act provisions.
A Compensation Agreement is a legal document that guarantees that an individual will receive compensation for certain actions.
This is a document that an employer sends to an employee to address the employee's inappropriate behavior or bad performance at work.
You may use this contract to require an employee to resolve any disputes and claims that can appear during their employment relationship through employee arbitration.
Use this form when it is decided that an employee will be terminated or let go from their position by their place of work.
Companies may use this template to evaluate the satisfaction level of their employees and gather workers' opinions about their place of work.
This form is used by an employee to report any kind of incident has happened to them at their place of work.