HR Forms are the paperwork released and used by the Human Resources Departments, also known as HR Departments, which are the specific units or divisions within the structure of companies that oversee all matters and issues related to their staff. The main goal of HR is to improve the effectiveness of the business by managing the employer-employee relationship and strengthening the bond between them by making sure everyone is on the same page and all conflicts are solved or sometimes even prevented.
There are several reasons to pay more attention to the work of the HR department regardless of which goods or services your company is providing:
- Finding the right individuals for available vacancies. HR workers are responsible for reference checks and interviews with prospective candidates for a job. Additionally, they manage the termination process and settle severance pay for fired employees;
- Organizing salary structure and dealing with payment for overtime;
- Regulating employee benefits program and administer proper coverage for employees during and after enrollment;
- Reviewing the performance of all employees using questionnaires, appraisal forms, and feedback from other employees;
- Complying with existing laws and regulations that govern the way employers treat their employees.
A library of free printable HR Forms is available for download below.
Types of HR Forms
Every business – whether big or small – can benefit from a wide range of HR Forms and templates that establish the rights of employees, modify existing employment agreements, and let the entity discipline its workers for the violation of labor laws. For instance, an HR Complaint Form will allow an employee to express their disappointment with a particular situation in the workplace and create a paper trail for the company records. Whether your duty is the recruitment of new employees, maintaining safety in the workplace, supporting the relationship between the employer and employees, salary management, or training, the documents below will be useful for any Human Resources Department representative:
- Compensation Agreement. This HR Form, a supplemental part to the main Employment Contract, outlines a change in the employee’s salary or bonus. It is usually signed after a probationary period or when the employee proves themselves and deserves a raise.
- An Employee Warning Notice usually follows the misconduct or error of the employee and helps the employer to discipline and reprimand them instead of charging a fine or firing them.
- An Employee Handbook is created by every business to inform employees about the company’s goals and objectives, set expectations for everyone employed, and list rules every employee must comply with.
- Income Verification Letter. Composed by the former or current employer, this statement confirms the wages the employee has received or receives along with other employment details, such as the duration of employment.
- The Employment Contract is the most significant agreement in employment – it indicates the rights and responsibilities of the employer and employee and builds a professional relationship between these two parties.
- Leave of Absence Form. Whether an employee needs a vacation, medical treatment, or time-off for bereavement, this document must be submitted to the HR department of the company to request time away from the workplace.
- Employee Verification Letter. Draft this statement if your former or current employee asked you to confirm they have worked for you in the past or are employed by you at the moment.
- A Non-Compete Agreement is signed by employees who possess extraordinary skills in their chosen field and must promise to their employer not to work for the employer’s competitors in the future.
- Employee Arbitration Agreement. Employers may enter into this deal with their employees to agree to handle any disagreements or disputes using arbitration instead of taking legal action.
Not what you were looking for? Check out these related topics:
An employee may use this type of template when they would like to request time off of work to take care of their personal matters.
An employee may use this type of form when they need to spend time away from work due to special circumstances - annual leave, sickness, compensatory time off accumulated after working overtime.
An FMLA Request Form is a document completed by employees who are eligible for time off in compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act provisions.
This is a document that an employer sends to an employee to address the employee's inappropriate behavior or bad performance at work.
Use this template to list all rules and policies in place in your business - from the conduct policy to the office attire.
A Compensation Agreement is a legal document that guarantees that an individual will receive compensation for certain actions.
This legal agreement is signed by employers and their employees to agree on the fact that the individual will not enter into competition with the company where they work, during or after their employment.
You may use this contract to require an employee to resolve any disputes and claims that can appear during their employment relationship through employee arbitration.
This is an additional document signed with an employee which forbids the employee to solicit any of the employer's clients if the employee decides to leave the company they are working for.