Sample Teacher of the Year Letter of Recommendation
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
A Teacher of the Year Letter of Recommendation is a written statement prepared by a student, teacher, school administrator, or principal that explains why the individual named in the recommendation deserves to be recognized as an outstanding teacher who has made a significant contribution to the profession.
- Letter of Recommendation for Teacher of the Year.
Whether the teacher is planning to participate in a local competition that chooses the best teacher of the town or state or wants to apply for the national award, a reference written by someone who respects and admires their work and knows what makes them stand out compared to other educators can be invaluable when the committee makes their decision.
You can download a sample Letter of Recommendation for Teacher of the Year through the link below.
How to Write a Letter of Recommendation for Teacher of the Year?
Follow these steps to compose a Teacher of the Year Letter of Recommendation:
- Write a concise letter - do not exceed one or two pages. Make sure your letter sounds personal and lively enough to attract the reader's attention. It is important to focus not only on the career achievements of the person nominated or soon-to-be nominated for the award but also highlight the traits that make them an integral part of their school and the local community.
- Introduce yourself and explain how well you know the teacher - maybe, you have worked together or they have taught you making your academic experience unique and unforgettable.
- Describe why the teacher in question is a perfect candidate for the award. Since you were asked to offer a recommendation, it must mean you have observed their work for a considerable time - you can outline their personal and professional skills judging their character and abilities fairly.
- List the accomplishments of the teacher. You may mention their hard work on behalf of the students as well as frequent collaboration with other teachers that might include their efforts to head committees and manage professional development sessions.
- If you draft this letter as a teacher's colleague, supervisor, or school representative, add your contact details and invite the recipient to reach out to you in case they have any concerns. Sign the document and either send it to the selection committee or give it to the teacher.
Haven't found the sample you're looking for? Take a look at the related templates below:
Download Sample Teacher of the Year Letter of Recommendation