Letter of Recommendation for Coworker Template
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
What Is a Letter of Recommendation for Coworker?
A Letter of Recommendation for a Coworker is a document that can be used to describe a coworker's abilities. The purpose of the document is to demonstrate the coworker's skills, qualities, and capabilities at work in order to make a good impression. A Letter of Recommendation for a Coworker template can be downloaded below.
- Letter of Recommendation for a Colleague.
The letter is written from the point of view of a coworker and will help to underline things that might not be indicated in a Letter of Recommendation from an Employer. For example, while the employer can describe the individual as a good subordinate who works hard on finishing their tasks on time, the coworker can depict the individual as a great work partner with excellent collaboration and communicative skills.
How to Write a Letter of Recommendation for a Coworker?
Before writing a Letter of Recommendation for a Coworker, the reference should clear up a few points that will help with deciding what to include in the documents. These points include:
- Who is the addressee? Addressing the right person can be the best way to start a letter and make a good impression;
- Which position is the coworker applying for? The answer to this question can help to focus on things that will be particularly important for this exact position. To make the letter useful the reference should try avoiding general information and concentrate on specific things;
- What is stated in the coworker's resume? The reference can use information from their coworker's resume to get an idea of their skills and then describe how they use them at work.
Answers to these questions will determine how to structure the document and what to focus on while writing the letter. Nevertheless, it can contain parts such as the following:
- Introduction. The reference can start by introducing themselves and stating how long they have been working together. They can indicate several facts that will help the addressee to get a full picture of their working relationship. For example, they can include information about the position both the reference and the coworker are occupying, the circumstances of their collaboration, why they are working in one team if they do (common project, shared responsibilities, etc.).
- Information About the Coworker. In this part of the letter, the reference can describe the coworker's professional skills and personal qualities that help them in their work. They can illustrate it with a few examples of how the coworker's capabilities helped them to achieve goals or receive positive outcomes. The reference can include information about their coworker's work responsibilities and describe things they are responsible for.
- Achievements. If there are any achievements or successful performances that the coworker has, then the reference can highlight them in a separate paragraph. For example, the reference can underline that their coworker has increased the number of clients for the business, or that the sales went up, etc.
- Contact Information. In conclusion, the reference should provide their telephone number and email, and offer their help in case the addressee has any questions. They can also express their hope that the letter is useful and provides all of the necessary information for the addressee.
However, the reference can include other parts in the document as well. Its contents will be determined by the circumstances of the situation and the type of position the coworker is applying for.
Check out these related letter templates:
Download Letter of Recommendation for Coworker Template