Sample Letter of Recommendation for Nurse Practitioner School
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
A Letter of Recommendation for Nurse Practitioner School is a written document drafted to help a registered nurse enroll in a school or program to become an advanced practice nurse.
- Letter of Recommendation for Nurse Practitioner Program.
If you want to have more autonomy than you have now as a registered nurse, work independently or in a supervisory role, and earn more money, you need to complete a master's degree - to convince the educational institution of your choice you are the perfect candidate for enrollment, you should provide the board of admissions with the recommendation from your current or former supervisor or professor. You can find a sample Letter of Recommendation for Nurse Practitioner Program through the link below.
How to Write a Letter of Recommendation for a Nurse Practitioner?
Here is how you should compose a Letter of Recommendation for Nurse Practitioner:
- Greet the letter recipient - if you do not know the name of the person who will review the school application package, you can simply say "To whom it may concern" or refer to the school board of admissions.
- Introduce yourself, mention the name of the nurse you are helping, and explain the reason for writing the letter.
- Elaborate on your relationship with the enrollment candidate. Since it is unlikely the future nurse practitioner would ask the person they barely know for a recommendation, you must have worked together for a significant period of time or you taught them one or several courses they selected. One or two pages that emphasize their attributes will be enough to show you are the right person to judge the character, academic experience, and career of the future nurse practitioner.
- Focus on the nurse's positive traits and describe their nursing experience. Write several paragraphs about their education and career and support your opinion with examples from real life and facts that can be checked later. For instance, if you are drafting a recommendation for the student you taught during the nursing program, you can say they have proved to be a diligent and hardworking student who has demonstrated their willingness to learn. Include one or two sentences about the nurse's preferences - maybe, they have chosen a particular medical field to major in.
- List the accomplishments of the nurse - you can mention both their nursing skills and non-nursing qualifications. For example, the candidate can provide you with documentation that certifies their volunteer experience, their articles for medical magazines, research papers they contributed to, awards they have received, etc.
- Conclude the letter by stating the person you have described stands out among other candidates and is ready to excel in the next phase of their education. Confirm you are ready to recommend them without any reservations. Thank the letter recipient for their time and attention and add your contact details asking the board of admissions to reach out to you in case they have any questions or doubts about the nurse.
Still looking for a particular sample? Take a look at the related samples below:
Download Sample Letter of Recommendation for Nurse Practitioner School