Cleaning Checklist: What Is It?
A Cleaning Checklist is a very useful and efficient way of maintaining and controlling the cleanliness and hygiene of any given space. By creating this document you will guarantee that any office space, house, educational center or business will always be spotless and organized in an appropriate manner. In turn, this will create a comfortable and clean environment for all people that use that particular space - be it colleagues, friends and family, children or customers.
To make sure that all areas are cleaned thoroughly and to avoid missing anything off, you should create a Cleaning Checklist. The main aim of creating and handing out a checklist is that it makes it much easier for any person to know exactly what needs to be cleaned, where, when, and how often. This also simplifies procedures for new staff members and allows staff to be rotated. You may want to create a generic checklist for everyday cleaning tasks or have a planned seasonal Spring Cleaning Checklist for more detailed seasonal cleaning that does not need to occur every day.
For those that want a spotless house, you may also want to consider using a more detailed weekly or monthly Deep Cleaning House Checklist to make sure the deeper areas within the household are also cleaned properly. Some individuals may decide to call out a professional cleaning company to carry out this job. Most of these companies will already have their own checklist so we would suggest checking their checklist against your wishes and desires.
For a full list of Cleaning Checklist templates please feel free to check out our library below.
Cleaning Checklist Template Types
Below you can find some of the most popular types of Cleaning Checklist Templates:
- Office Cleaning Checklist Template – all office work varies and depending on the type of office you have, you may require different types of checklists. Our Office Cleaning Checklist will ensure that your office is sparkling and presentable at all times;
- House Cleaning Checklist Template – with the daily commitments that we have to make and in particular when having a large family, keeping on top of a clean house can be a real challenge. Whichever house you have and whatever rooms you need cleaning, our checklists will have you covered;
- Retail Store Cleaning Checklist Template – this will help to ensure that your store is always clean which in turn will make the store more attractive to customers;
- School Cleaning Checklist Template – with hundreds of students and staff accessing school on a daily basis, make sure that you have an effective checklist in place to clean all of the crucial areas of the school;
- Daycare Cleaning Checklist Template – when working with young and developing learners, it is crucial that everything they come into contact with is sterile. Preschoolers will often place things in their mouth and you want to avoid them directly taking in any pathogens.
How to Create a Cleaning Checklist?
Creating a Cleaning Checklist is simple and will not take up a lot of your time. A well-made checklist will cover all areas and will contain specifics concerning the cleaning duties that need to be carried out and the frequency.
We have compiled a list of top tips to think about when creating your own checklist:
- Download a template and give it an appropriate title;
- Next to the day/week/month you need to detail all of the cleaning duties that need to be completed on those certain days;
- Next to the list of duties you should add a column where staff can sign (including the date and time) after completing a task. This will make it easier to track the completion of a job and also instantly know who the responsible staff member was;
- When noting down the tasks, we suggest grouping them based on the category or room. For example, if you start with cleaning the bathroom, you should outline all the cleaning duties that need to be completed in that room before moving on to the next. This can save the cleaner much time and ensures that they work to maximal efficiency.
Still looking for a particular template? Take a look at the related templates below:
A template such as this can be used to outline the details of regular cleaning in a place where parents and legal guardians leave their children for daily supervision, education, and personal care.
This type of template is a smart and useful way of controlling the cleanliness and hygiene of a retail store.
An individual or a cleaning staff can use this type of template to ensure that they clean all of the appropriate places within a school.
This type of template refers to a list of chores a person has to carry out every seven days to maintain cleanliness in the office.
Having this type of template on hand will ensure that the office remains spotless, tidy and well-organized.
Having this type of template in place will make sure that the office you and your colleagues work in will be kept clean, tidy, and organized.
This type of template can be used to make sure that bathrooms within a property or office are kept in pristine condition.