Medical School Letter of Intent Template
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
A Letter of Intent for Medical School is a document that must be filled in by an individual who applies for medical school courses. This letter has to be submitted to a medical school or university organizing them. This document is an essential part of the application process and is used when an educational institution chooses the most suitable candidates.
The purpose of the letter is to increase the chances of a candidate's acceptance. When a candidate is writing a Medical School Letter of Intent, they must express their interest in participation in this medical course, confirm that they are focused on this institution, and provide the reasons why this program is the most interesting for them. This letter must also contain a candidate's arguments about why this school or university should choose and accept them.
You may download a Letter of Intent Medical School template through the link below.
How to Write a Letter of Intent for Medical School?
A Medical School Letter of Intent must be filled in as follows:
- The applicant should indicate their personal information, including their name, address, and phone number. Enter the date of completion. Specify the director of admission's name and contact details of the medical school or university where you intend to study.
- Indicate the medical school course you are applying for, and thank the school for the consideration of your application. If you have already been interviewed, specify it in this letter, and enter the interview date. Indicate the specialists of this school with whom you have already contacted and discussed the course details. Specify which things you enjoyed during the interview process. For example, you may mention that you enjoyed the initial speech with school personnel about the chosen medical specialty and their introduction to the school.
- The applicant should provide the reasons why this course interests them and why they chose this specific school and focused on it. You can indicate that you have chosen this institution because it provides you the best opportunity to obtain the necessary specialty, enables you to master some specific knowledge, and that you are interested in some particular parts of the program. Indicate that this program appeals to you and meets your objectives as a future medical professional. The applicant can specify that they highly evaluate the fact that this university has esteemed medical authority and conducts medical research with the participation of recognized medical experts.
- Explain why you are a suitable candidate for a position in the course. You may specify that you are learning different ways of medical research, indicate the area of study and the subject matter of this research. The applicant should provide information about research projects they would like to participate in, and explain why these projects seem attractive to them. If there are any updates since you were interviewed, indicate it in the letter. Inform the institution about your recent accomplishments and upcoming plans.
- Thank the school for reviewing your application. The applicant should specify that if the institution requires any additional information, they should contact you. Provide the preferred communication way.
- The applicant must sign the letter.
Check out these related letter templates:
Download Medical School Letter of Intent Template