What Is a Welcome Letter?
A Welcome Letter is a formal or personal statement sent to the individual before their first day in the new place of work or vacation or before their children begin their schooling. You need to tell the recipient about yourself, offer advice, set rules that must be respected from the first day, and assure them of your support.
- Letter of Welcome.
If you are looking for a Welcome Letter template, you may check out our library of documents and samples below.
Welcome Letter Types
These documents are among the most commonly used Welcome Letters - you can create a formal or personal document and customize it to your liking, in line with the context.
- Airbnb Welcome Letter. When you receive confirmation of the reservation of your residential property, you should tell more about your place to the people coming to your house or apartment - describe the rules they will have to comply with and include tips on how to make their stay more comfortable.
- Welcome Letter to New Employee. Once the job candidate has been interviewed and approved, the person responsible for hiring new people should send a Letter of Welcome to a new employee to share with them the main information they need to perform their duties initially.
- Welcome to the Neighborhood Letter. Whenever someone new moves into an apartment or house next to you, you may prepare them a personal note to tell them about yourself and your family and offer assistance if needed.
- Preschool Welcome Letter. Establish contact with new preschoolers and their parents or guardians by completing this statement - indicate what will be expected of preschoolers during the upcoming year and clarify certain rules that must be followed on the first day of preschool.
- Teacher Welcome Letter. At the beginning of the academic year, a teacher may fill out a letter to introduce themselves to the families, tell them some interesting facts about their life, and request important information before the studies begin.
- Welcome Letter to Parents. Prepared by the school administration or teachers, this document usually contains the details parents must know by the first day of the school year - the dress code for their children and things they will be required to bring along.
How to Write a Welcome Letter?
Here is how you should compose a Letter of Welcome:
- Start with a salutation - try to find the name of the individual you are welcoming to add a personal touch. Whether you have known the recipient for years or you have never met and this is your first contact, introduce yourself properly.
- State the purpose of the letter - you want to welcome the person (and sometimes, their family) to the place you represent - a new company, school, kindergarten, neighborhood, or simply your own residence.
- Tell the recipient more about yourself - what kind of work you do or what experience you have.
- Share information the addressee must know before your collaboration or their stay begins - maybe, they need to prepare documentation or know certain things about the area you live in.
- Keep the tone of the document formal or personal - it depends on the circumstances. If you are sending a letter that will not be written by any organizations or authorities, you may be casual and emotional; otherwise, try to draft a concise and professional document to make a good first impression on the addressee you do not know that well.
- Add your contact details to let the addressee stay in touch, express hope for the good professional or personal relationship that awaits you, and sign the letter.
Not what you need? Take a look at the related templates below:
This is a document that a member of the school staff or a teacher can send to the parents of a new child to welcome them to their class.
A Preschool Welcome Letter is a useful way to help parents feel more welcome when attending a new preschool.
A Teacher Welcome Letter is used to introduce a teacher to students and parents and let them get to know the teacher before the school year gets underway.
An Airbnb Welcome Letter can be used to greet any new guests that book the property to inform them about anything the guest might need to know, and can also help them feel more welcome while staying at the property.
A Welcome Letter to a New Employee is very useful during an employee's onboarding process to help them feel more welcome and settled into their new working role at the company.