Horse Bill of Sale Template
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
What Is a Horse Bill of Sale?
A Horse Bill of Sale is a document required when a horse acquires a new owner in instances when it is gifted, sold or bought.
This document stipulates the conditions and details of this transfer and is an important document when concerning confirmation of the legitimacy of ownership. These details can include the price and details about the individuals selling and buying the animal, which are then signed. Upon signing, the document comes into effect and becomes legally binding.
A Bill of Sale for a Horse is particularly important for those individuals looking to buy a horse of a certain breed. It will act as confirmation of the heritage and true breed of the horse in question. The document should not be confused with a Horse Lease Agreement in which the owner of a horse allows another party to lease their horse in exchange for financial compensation.
A Horse Bill of Sale template can be downloaded by clicking the link below.
How to Write a Bill of Sale for a Horse?
As the document is legally binding, you want to ensure that it includes all of the necessary information required to prevent any disputes regarding the heritage or ownership of the horse. A simple Horse Bill of Sale should include the following pieces of information:
- The date that the transaction is taking place;
- Providing all information regarding the individual selling the horse including their full name and address;
- Providing all information regarding the individual acquiring the horse including their full name and address;
- Full details about the animal including their name (if they have one), the type of breed, their sex and when they were born. You should also state the unique number assigned upon registering the horse;
- Provide a short description (one to two lines) of the horse describing the age, health and condition;
- State the overall sum that the individual acquiring the horse must pay. This sum has to be agreed by both individuals;
- In most cases, particularly when purchasing a horse specifically for their breed, the potential new owner may request a specialized veterinary health check of the horse. Of course, this is usually done before the transfer of payment for the horse so it is important to include this clause along with the date of the health check, if required;
- In instances when a deposit is required, the sum of the deposit required along with the specific conditions should be clearly outlined in the document. Likewise, if there is no agreement regarding any deposits, this information should be stated whilst explaining that the sum will be paid in full by the new owner;
- Provide information regarding the state where the transaction is occurring;
- The signing process involves not only the two individuals buying and selling the horse. Additional witnesses are required to confirm that they have witnessed the transaction. It is also recommended that a notary public is present; signing the document and stamping their seal to legitimize the document and ensure it is legally binding.
Still looking for a particular template? Take a look at the related templates below:
Download Horse Bill of Sale Template