As-Is Bill of Sale Template
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
What Is an As-Is Bill of Sale?
When you are interested in selling an item that has been used or is in less than brand new condition, having an As-Is Bill of Sale can be a helpful way to keep track of sales. This document can also be helpful if you are looking to sell an item quickly and are less focused on receiving the best price possible. Creating even a simple As-Is Bill of Sale will reduce the chance that a buyer could return later to complain about an item, since they have signed an agreement to purchase an item in its condition at the time of sale.
An As-Is Bill of Sale template can be downloaded below.
How to Write an As-Is Bill of Sale?
To write an As-Is Bill of Sale, include the following:
- Title the page with "As-Is Bill Bill of Sale."
- The day the purchase is finalized.
- Information about both the buyer and seller. List each party's name, address, and contact information.
- From this point on in the document refer to each party as either the "Buyer" or "Seller." This also makes it easier to create a blank As-Is Bill of Sale to easily reuse.
- Provide the necessary details about the sale of the item or product.
- List the agreed upon price, how the buyer is purchasing the product, and if they will have the payment completed in full or will purchase the item in installments.
- Depending on the type of item, provide a brief description and any necessary identification information related to the item.
- For example, for the sale of a bicycle you will want to include the make, model, year, color, and identification number (if the bicycle has one);
- Or if it is a computer, you can list the same information plus any additional software that has been added to the device or a login password;
- If the item contains any signs of damage, such as scuffs or dents you can opt to include this in the sale so that the buyer is aware of these defects when completing the purchase. Since an item is being purchased as-is it is not your duty to include this information, but it can be helpful to be a transparent seller.
- Near the end of the bill of sale you will need to include an explicit statement that this item is purchased without any form of warranty whatsoever.
- This protects you as a seller and removes the chance the buyer may demand a refund if they are unhappy with their purchase. You will need to add in language that the buyer signing below acknowledges that any known or unknown damage or defects of the items they are buying today have been purchased in as-is condition and will not be eligible for a return or refund later.
- Provide a final signature, name, and date section for the buyer and seller at the end of the page.
For each sale keep a copy of the As-Is Bill of Sale for record keeping.
Haven't found the template you're looking for? Take a look at the related templates below:
Download As-Is Bill of Sale Template