Free Vehicle Inspection Forms and Templates
What Is a Vehicle Inspection Form?
A Vehicle Inspection Form is a document that contains information about a motor vehicle and verifies its condition. The purpose of the document is to approve the vehicle’s roadworthiness or state whether any of its parts need attention.
- Vehicle Inspection Report.
A Vehicle Inspection Form can be used in various situations as it helps to not forget to check any of its elements and make sure the vehicle is road-ready. Generally, the driver is not required to use any specific form, however, before completing the document the driver should check with their local Department of Motor Vehicles office. A vehicle inspection report form can be used by drivers, mechanics, and safety officers during regular inspections and pre-start checks. For a full list of Vehicle Inspection Forms please check out our library below.
How to Fill Out a Vehicle Inspection Form?
Completing a vehicle inspection report form is a straightforward process. Nevertheless, some difficulties may occur, especially if the individual hasn’t done it before. A common Vehicle Inspection Form can contain parts, which include the following:
- Introduction. The document can start with a descriptive title that will state its nature. Usually, such kinds of documents titled “Vehicle Condition Report,” “Vehicle Inspection Form,” and other similar options. If the document is filled in by a service company, then it can also contain its logo and location.
- Information About the Inspector. The form can also indicate the name of the inspector who is checking the condition of the motor vehicle.
- Information About the Owner. Here the vehicle report can provide information about the owner of the vehicle. It can consist of their full name, address, telephone number, and driver’s license number. This information is needed for identification purposes.
- Information About the Vehicle. Inspectors can use this part of the document to designate the information about the motor vehicle they are inspecting. It can state its model, year and make, odometer readings, and VIN.
- Condition of the Motor Vehicle. This part of the form is supposed to thoroughly describe the results of the inspection that was conducted on the motor vehicle. It can describe the state of tires, lights, battery, engine, brake lines, transmission, muffler, etc.
- Comments. If there are any comments or recommendations that the inspector would like to share, then they should include them in this part of the form.
- Conclusion. At the end of the report, the inspector can summarize everything stated in the document and mark whether the motor vehicle’s condition is acceptable, requires attention, or requires immediate attention. The difference between the last two is if the motor vehicle requires attention then it may be driven but also should be serviced soon. If it requires immediate attention then it cannot be driven until it has been serviced.
- Signature and Date. The document should be signed by both the inspector that performed the check and the owner of the vehicle. Besides signatures, they should also designate their names and dates when the document was signed.
Related Tags and Topics: