Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
A Landlord Reference Letter for a Tenant is used when a tenant will be moving to a new rental property and will need a letter showing they have been a reliable tenant. This type of letter is often requested by property managers to ensure they will be renting to trustworthy tenants and can expect to receive rental payments on time. A Sample Landlord Reference Letter for a Tenant is available for download below.
To create a Landlord Reference Letter for a Tenant you can include the following:
- Today's date.
- Your name, address of your rental property, and contact information.
- Opening salutation.
- Addressing yourself as the tenant's current or recent property manager and the dates the tenant rented from you.
- Discuss the tenant's reliability while renting from you, including any late or missed payments, violations to the lease agreement, and how the unit was left once they left the property.
- If you had an overall positive experience renting to the tenant, be sure to include this in the letter (such as the cleanliness of the unit, the tenant observing quiet hours, and being respectful to other tenants).
- Close by stating your final thoughts on this tenant.
- Your name and signature.
Haven't found the template you're looking for? Take a look at the related templates and samples below: