Job Abandonment Letter Template
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
What Is a Job Abandonment Letter?
A Job Abandonment Letter is a document that can be used by an employer when they want to notify a member of staff that their employment has been terminated due to the fact that they have abandoned their job. The purpose of the letter is to inform the employee about the situation and request that they return any company property that they may have. A Job Abandonment Letter template can be found through the link below.
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter.
In order to qualify as "job abandonment," the worker's actions are supposed to meet certain criteria, including:
- Not reporting to work for a certain amount of consecutive days.
- Not giving any notice to a manager or a supervisor about the reasons for the upcoming absence.
- Being out of reach for the days of absence.
Companies designate the number of days without reporting in their policies which is generally stated as three consecutive days. After that, the employer can send the employee a Termination Letter for job abandonment and inform them that their absence without informing their employer is considered to be a voluntary resignation from work.
How to Write a Job Abandonment Letter?
A Job Abandonment Termination Letter can include several parts, such as:
- The Addressee. In the first part of the document, the sender can designate information about the employee that has abandoned their work. It includes their full name and address.
- Introduction. Here the sender can greet the employee and describe the situation. They can state the name of the company where the employee works, the number of consecutive days the employee did not report to work, and the date of the first day of absence. The sender should also indicate the fact that the employee has not informed the manager or another authorized representative of the employer that they will be absent from work.
- The Reference to the Company Policies. Senders can use this section of the letter to provide information about which company policies have been violated and what should be done in accordance with them. They can designate a specific policy that defines job abandonment, states how many consecutive days are considered to be job abandonment, and indicate which consequences will take place.
- Request For Explanation. In this section, the sender can request the employee to explain their absence. In case the employee had an emergency, they can provide documents that will prove that their absence was unavoidable and they had no opportunity to contact their employer, and thus shall not be required a job abandonment. The evidence can include medical documents, police reports, and other documents presented by authorized organizations.
- Conclusion. At the end of the letter, the sender can request the employee to return any company property that they have, and offer them help in case they have any questions regarding the situation.
Related Letter Templates and Tags:
Download Job Abandonment Letter Template