What Is an Evaluation Form?
An Evaluation Form is a typed or handwritten document that examines the performance of individuals, usually in a working place or educational institution, to determine the strengths and weaknesses of these people and improve their performance and input in the overall well-being of the organization they belong to. This document can be prepared by the individual's superior or direct supervisor, their colleagues or peers, subordinates or students. It collects invaluable data that reflects the role of the individual under assessment and serves as a primary reason for disciplinary actions, promotions, and dismissals.
Typically, an Evaluation Form contains the following details:
- Name of the individual being assessed, their job title or department, and contact information.
- Rating system or scale that indicates the level of the individual's performance. You may use points (1-5 or 1-10) or specific adjectives (poor, unsatisfactory, satisfactory, outstanding) that will allow you to show your approval or disapproval of the person's work or academic accomplishments.
- Questions that demand detailed responses. For instance, you may collect feedback from the employee's colleagues by asking them how they assess the employee's job skills and attitude in the workplace.
- List of areas that must be reviewed - productivity, technical skills, cooperation, initiative, attendance, punctuality, etc.
- Signature of the individual that performed an evaluation. You may ask students or peers to submit anonymous reviews - in this case, the form does not need to be signed and you can accept their opinions that will not have an adverse effect on the atmosphere in your institution.
To see a full list of Evaluation Form templates, you can browse our library of forms below.
Types of Evaluation Forms
School Evaluation is performed with a focus on student growth. It lets student's parents and school representatives achieve better academic results and get rid of teachers that hinder the students' progress:
- Report Card. This refers to a teacher's assessment of the student's academic achievements. It is periodically given by the school to the student's parents to let them know the grades the student has earned in various disciplines;
- Teacher Evaluation Form. This statement, prepared either by the teacher's immediate supervisor or students, leads to the improvement of their performance and allows them to find out which teachers are considered unfair and non-productive.
Employee Evaluation is indispensable to business owners who need to identify top employees and those who cannot perform their duties at the desired level:
- Employee Evaluation Form. This form reviews the achievements and failures of all employees of the particular organization or institution. You can examine the importance of a certain individual to your business with a rating system or points system;
- Employee Self Evaluation Form. This document is completed by the employee to demonstrate how they assess their contributions to the workflow and lets them express their ideas and opinions on how the effectiveness of their performance can be enhanced;
- Training Evaluation Form. These are usually prepared by the human resources department to provide feedback on the performance of trainees after their probationary period is over.
These templates may be useful to any organization or establishment that wants to upgrade itself:
- A Workshop Evaluation Form is designed to collect comments of everyone who attended the workshop and their opinions on how your meeting and discussion went;
- A Peer Evaluation Form is a generic document that can be distributed in all kinds of institutions so that individuals can rate the skills, professional qualities, and personal traits of people they study, work, or communicate with;
- A Group Evaluation Form is filled out after you finish working in a group for your project to discover whether the teamwork was fruitful and which areas and issues should be improved for future collaborations.
Related Forms and Templates:
Teacher evaluation is a formal process that a school uses in order to review and rate teachers' performance in class. This three-page template provides simple instructions and ratings based on suggested and more creative points of reference.
This is a cooperating teacher evaluation form from Alice Lloyd College in Pippa Passes, Kentucky. It is filled out by the student teacher (coop student) upon completion of student teaching experience. It is a simple one-page self-assessment.
This is a teacher evaluation form from Westchester Day School - a private school in Mamaroneck, New York, used for assessing young children entering kindergarten.
This is a four-page teacher evaluation template that contains the characteristics of a teacher and their adherence to Christian values.
This teacher evaluation form from the Comsats Institute of Information Technology in Pakistan gives a one-page evaluation of the teacher and the course in the form of a table.
This teacher evaluation form is completed by students. The evaluation is based on two levels: how well the teacher does in core subjects and how well the teacher interacts with students and fellow co-workers.
Another two-page teacher evaluation form filled out by students. It contains 25 questions pertaining to the teacher and 6 questions pertaining to the course.
This is a parent evaluation form made up of four pages and containing 14 questions a parent answers about the pre-school program. Most questions start with “I feel” formulations.
This type of form should be filled in by an employee to estimate their job performance in a company.
Use this form if you're the supervisor or manager of an employee and are looking to estimate their job performance in the organization.
This is a three-page CADDRA Teacher Assessment Form from the Canadian ADHD Resource Alliance. It is a very dense professional assessment form dating from 2014.
The purpose of this form is to provide workshop organizers with feedback from individuals who have attended it.
The purpose of this document is to evaluate a peer by collecting information about them and appraising their input towards the project or other activity.
Students may use this document to appraise their group members on a variety of topics. The purpose of the document is to gather information about the group members that have participated in a particular project.