Free Evaluation Form Templates
What Is an Evaluation Form?
An Evaluation Form is a typed or handwritten document that examines the performance of individuals, usually in a working place or educational institution, to determine the strengths and weaknesses of these people and improve their performance and input in the overall well-being of the organization they belong to. This document can be prepared by the individual's superior or direct supervisor, their colleagues or peers, subordinates or students. It collects invaluable data that reflects the role of the individual under assessment and serves as a primary reason for disciplinary actions, promotions, and dismissals.
Typically, an Evaluation Form contains the following details:
- Name of the individual being assessed, their job title or department, and contact information.
- Rating system or scale that indicates the level of the individual's performance. You may use points (1-5 or 1-10) or specific adjectives (poor, unsatisfactory, satisfactory, outstanding) that will allow you to show your approval or disapproval of the person's work or academic accomplishments.
- Questions that demand detailed responses. For instance, you may collect feedback from the employee's colleagues by asking them how they assess the employee's job skills and attitude in the workplace.
- List of areas that must be reviewed - productivity, technical skills, cooperation, initiative, attendance, punctuality, etc.
- Signature of the individual that performed an evaluation. You may ask students or peers to submit anonymous reviews - in this case, the form does not need to be signed and you can accept their opinions that will not have an adverse effect on the atmosphere in your institution.
Browse our library of forms below to see a full list of printable Evaluation Form templates.
Types of Evaluation Forms
- School evaluation is performed with a focus on student growth. It lets student's parents and school representatives achieve better academic results and get rid of teachers that hinder the students' progress:
- Report Card. This refers to a teacher's assessment of the student's academic achievements. It is periodically given by the school to the student's parents to let them know the grades the student has earned in various disciplines;
- Teacher Evaluation Form. This statement, prepared either by the teacher's immediate supervisor or students, leads to the improvement of their performance and allows them to find out which teachers are considered unfair and non-productive;
Player Evaluation Form. Coaches, team managers, scouts, and agents use this form to examine a player from different angles and provide necessary feedback so that the player is able to improve their skills;
Course Evaluation Form. A Course Evaluation Form describes the performance of the teacher or professor and examines the particulars of an educational course.
- Employee evaluation is indispensable to business owners who need to identify top employees and those who cannot perform their duties at the desired level:
- Employee Evaluation Form. This form reviews the achievements and failures of all employees of the particular organization or institution. You can examine the importance of a certain individual to your business with a rating system or points system;
- Employee Self-Evaluation Form. This document is completed by the employee to demonstrate how they assess their contributions to the workflow and lets them express their ideas and opinions on how the effectiveness of their performance can be enhanced;
- Training Evaluation Form. These are usually prepared by the human resources department to provide feedback on the performance of trainees after their probationary period is over;
- Candidate Evaluation Form. This form outlines the performance of a job candidate during an interview.
- These templates may be useful to any organization or establishment that wants to upgrade itself:
- Workshop Evaluation Form. These are designed to collect the comments of workshop attendees and their opinions on how the event;
- Peer Evaluation Form. This document can be distributed in all kinds of institutions so that individuals can rate the skills, professional qualities, and personal traits of people they study, work, or communicate with;
- Group Evaluation Form. This form is filled out after you finish working in a group for your project to discover whether the teamwork was fruitful and which areas and issues should be improved for future collaborations;
- Event Evaluation Form. A form like this is prepared after a press conference, networking session, workshop, or expo to learn whether the attendants have enjoyed it;
- Speech Evaluation Form. This form allows to rate a speaker at an event and to provide feedback on their performance;
- Presentation Evaluation Form. Similar to a Speech Evaluation Form, this document allows to gather feedback about a presentation;
- Physical Therapist Evaluation Form. Physical therapists complete this form after the examination of their patient or client is over.
Related Forms and Templates: