What Is an Order Form?
An Order Form is a written document that outlines the details of a business transaction between a seller and a buyer. Partially filled out by the business and then offered to the customer to complete and sign, this statement constitutes a legally binding agreement between the parties once the seller or supplier accepts a signed form from the client.
Whether you are in charge of a small business or you manage hundreds of orders daily on behalf of a large supplier, any entity can benefit from maintaining proper records with the help of Order Forms - remember how many items were requested by the customer, formalize the terms of payment and the specifics of shipment, and streamline the operations of your company to mitigate errors in your documentation.
Order Form Template Types
Almost every business has to deal with orders, and it is not an easy process - you need to track your inventory, make sure the client receives the correct goods, and monitor your finances to prevent discrepancies in your documentation. Use the Order Form templates below to facilitate your day-to-day operations and improve your customer service.
- Sales Order Form. This form is sent to a purchaser by a supplier after the purchase order is ready - the seller will check the details of the order and certify the purchase.
- Work Order Form. Complete this Order Form template if you need to describe the scope of work the customer authorizes the contractor to do in accordance with their agreement.
- Change Order Form. If you need to adjust the provisions of the original contract signed by the client and the contractor, you may fill out this document.
- Wholesale Order Form. In case you are selling the items in bulk, you can prepare this form to list the number of the ordered goods, their price, and the total amount.
- Purchase Order Form. Complete this form to confirm the order you have received from a client and describe the products you are going to sell.
- T-Shirt Order Form. This is a document customers can fill out when placing an order for an item of clothes they want and customizing it to their liking.
Related forms used to facilitate the Work Order process can include the following:
- Purchase Order Log. This is a spreadsheet that contains all the Order Forms the clients fill out - if you are looking for an easy way to monitor all the orders, you should draft this table.
- Supply Request Form. When your company needs supplies delivered, an employee or a specific department can complete this form to request the items in question;
- Packing Slip. A simple form attached to the package, this document will list the items in the package and identify the recipient of the goods.
How to Create an Order Form?
Creating the form is an easy-going process since the document has a flexible situation and can be adjusted to different situations. Even though its content will change due to the type of purchase it is used for, the main parts will remain the same. A basic Order Form can consist the following parts:
- Title. The document should start with a title that can help to distinguish the document from others and help the receiver to start working on the order quicker.
- Information About the Customer. Customers can use this part of the document to designate information about them for identification purposes. It can contain their full name (or the name of the company they are representing), and their location, which should include their street name, city, state, zip code, and building number.
- Customer Contact Information. The customer should provide details on how the vendor will be able to contact them in case they have any questions. The details should include the telephone number, email, and the name of the authorized representative that is responsible for the order.
- Information About the Vendor. This part of the document should contain information about the vendor, including their name, location, and contact information.
- Order Information. In this part of the form, the customer is supposed to enter the details of the order they are placing. It should clearly designate the items that are requested, their main features (such as colors, models, sizes, and any other necessary characteristics), quantity, etc. The customer should pay additional attention to the description of the items, if the information will not be clear enough or will not provide the required characteristics it might delay the process of order fulfillment, or they might receive an order with the wrong items.
- Notes. If there are any other details that the customer would like to mention they can do so in the section dedicated to notes.
- Date and Signature. In the last part of the document, the customer should sign and date it. The signature will verify that the information presented in the form is true and valid.
Related Tags and Topics:
This is a written document that is used by a business to record and track purchase orders made by clients.
When a department requests that work be done by a separate department this type of template will need to be completed to record what was done and if any supplies or equipment needed to be purchased.
This type of form will make note of any changes related to a project in terms of costs, labor needs, building plans, or building time length.
If you are a business owner, having this type of template for customers can be a helpful way to make placing orders easier.
An employee may use this type of template to describe goods or services that are being sold.